Pricing for dental cleanings will depend on if the patient will be paying for the visit with insurance. For the most part, patients with insurance will have the regular preventative visits covered at a high percentage by their insurance company. Depending on the percentage of coverage based on the specific plan, the patient portion of the preventative treatment visit will vary. As a courtesy to our patients, Zen Dental will verify the patient’s specific benefits and coverage before the scheduled visit.
For patients without insurance, the price of a cleaning for new patients will begin at $99. This initial visit will include the full dental cleaning, X-rays, an exam with the Doctor, and a treatment plan for any necessary treatment. All other visits that do not require X-rays will be $99 as well, and visits at which X-rays are taken, the price will be $129. To qualify for this pricing, patients must not have any presence of gum disease, which the Hygienist will determine at the first visit. If there is gum disease, the patient will require an SRP, or scaling and root planing, which will be a higher cost for treatment due to the procedure being much more extensive than a traditional cleaning.
To properly care for your mouth after receiving a scaling and root planing procedure, follow these steps:
- For tenderness, rinse mouth with warm salt water (1⁄2 tsp of salt in 4 oz of water).
- Usually there is little bleeding associated with deep cleanings, but slight oozing may Occur.
- For moderate pain, over the counter pain relievers can be used according to directions on the bottle.
- For sensitivity, be sure to keep your teeth clean. You can also use toothpaste for sensitive teeth.
- For food, soft foods that do not require excessive chewing is ideal for healing.
- No smoking.
- Call immediately if experiencing severe pain, excessive bleeding, or if anything unusual develops.